International Accredited Training Provider
The Sunshine Project is Internationally Accredited by IPHM – the largest leading independent professional accreditation board worldwide
I am thrilled to announce I’ve developed my popular Breathe, Laugh & Relax™ embodied mindfulness programme into a certified training course, which has been Internationally Accredited by IPHM – the largest leading independent professional accreditation board worldwide.
This 30-hour professional training is comprehensive, offering a unique learning experience of both educational and experiential practice – both of which are essential for the delivery of a trauma-informed practice. It’s simply not enough to have the knowledge – we must integrate this in the body through our nervous system.
The training embodies a S.O.M.A.T.I.C Framework, which is delivered in two parts and contains the following six modules:
Part 1 – The Autonomic Nervous System
Module 1 – Trauma Awareness:
- What is Trauma
- Trauma in the Wild
- Types of Trauma
Module 2 – The Autonomic Nervous System:
- Sympathetic Nervous System
- Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Nervous System Cycles
- Triune Brain Model
Module 3 – The Social Nervous System:
- Creating Safety
- Polyvagal Theory
- Evolution of the Nervous System
- The Fawn Response
Part 2 – Embodied Mindfulness
Module 4 – Breathing & The Nervous System:
- Breathing & Sight
- Breathing & Sound
- Breathing & Movement
- Breathing & Touch
- Breathing & Smell
- Orientation & Stablisation
Module 5 – Joy & The Nervous System:
- Evolutionary Theory
- Scientific Research
- Neuroscience & Laughter
- Pleasure – the prerequisite for healing
- Creative Expression
Module 6 – Relaxation & The Nervous System:
- Grounding Techniques
- Yoga Nidra
- Intentional Touch
- BLR™ for Kids (5-11)
BLR™ is suitable for:
- Holistic Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Youth Workers
- Support Workers
- Yoga Teachers
- Reiki Practitioners
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Health Care Practitioners
What’s included in the training:
- 30-hours of live teaching and experiential practice
- A comprehensive 84-page manual
- Additional resources
- International Accreditation and Certification
- Discount professional insurance (via IPHM)
- Automatic acceptance as a professional membership of IPHM
- Private Facebook Group
- Regular BLR™ workshops
- Follow-up Support
- Mentoring Support
*One mentoring support session is included in the price. Additional personal sessions can be offered at a discount rate. Participants can attended our monthly BLR™ sessions either in-person in Portrush or via live stream. Please note there is a small fee to attend.*
Benefits of training:
BLR™ is multi-dimensional and can be shared as a stand-alone workshop, a weekly programme or parts can be integrated into your current practice.
Sharing BLR™ with your community, teams, pupils or clients offers a safe and supportive way to invite more regulation and responsiveness into the participants nervous system’s.
The techniques and somatic tools shared in BLR™ have been proven to:
- Reduce stress hormones – cortisol and adrenaline, which can help settle anxiety.
- Increase mood boosting hormones – endorphins, dopamine, oxytocin & seratonine.
- Creates safety in the nervous system – the foundation for mental health.
- Build meaningful connections and enhances social engagement, which reduces depression and isolation.
- Increases resilience to stress, uncertainty and adversity.
- Invites more pleasure and joy, which are the prerequisite for healing trauma and chronic stress.
- Promotes deep rest and embodied mindfulness practices.
2023 Dates & Times
The first cohort will commence in January 2023.
Due to the nature of this comprehensive training, the live Zoom session will take place weekly over an eight week period to ensure the knowledge and somatic tools can be practiced at a manageable pace, which allows for a deeper integration into the nervous system. There will also be two full day trainings and an individual mentoring session.
1st Cohort – Jan/Feb 23 (fully booked)
2nd Cohort – May/June/July 23
- Tuesday 16th May – 7pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 23rd May – 7pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 30th May – 7pm to 9pm
- Saturday 3rd June – 10am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 6th June – 7pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 13th June – 7pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 20th June – 7pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 27th June – 7pm to 9pm
- Saturday 1st July – 10am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 4th July – 7pm to 9pm
The Zoom link will be forwarded within 24-hours of registering. There will be regular breaks throughout the live online training.
All the teaching modules will be recorded and made available for students after the training as part of their follow-up support package.
Group discussions and experiential practice will not be recorded.
Course Admission Criteria
Currently with or working towards membership with a professional body that has the following:
- Ethical Framework
- Professional Standards
- Complaints Procedure
Please note you have the option of joining IPHM as an accredited professional member on completion of the training at a discounted rate.
If your current position doesn’t require professional membership, you are welcome to apply as we appreciate experience and working within certain organisations provides professional standards and codes of ethics, etc.
Professional Indemnity Insurance or appropriate insurance from an employer/agency or in the process of setting up. IPHM can provide discounted professional insurance should you decide to join on completion of this training.
Already working within a context where BLR™ can be integrated or in the process of setting up a professional practice.
Have access to resources and therapeutic support, if needed. Please note this training course is not a form of therapy. If you have severe mental health challenges or complex trauma, this training would not be suitable as it could unconsciously trigger unresolved wounds. Please seek professional support.
Upon completion of the live teaching and experiential training, participants will be expected to complete the following in order to achieve accreditation:
- Individual experiential assessment
- Short multiple choice questionnaire
- Attend at least one follow-up mentoring session
- Complete video assessment of BLR™ session and submit group feedback forms or complete a case study of how you are integrating into your private practice/workplace.
- Hold valid public and professional liability and indemnity insurance
- Be a member of a professional body
- Member of ICO (preferable)
- Complete training feedback forms
A certificate of completion will be issued for those who do not complete the full accreditation.
Course Fee (payment options available)
Standard Course Fee – £695
*Super Early Bird Price – £495* (£100 deposit secures your Super Early Bird Price. Flexible payment options available)
Early Bird Price – £595
All bookings require a £100 deposit. For payment options, please email Michelle firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a cancellation the booking fee of £100 will be retained.
A full refund (minus the £100 booking fee) is applicable 2-weeks before the course commences.
The full fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellations within 2-weeks of the course commencing. You may transfer your fee to another date or another eligible person.